Mouse anti Chicken CD14 antibody, clone AV141
recognises chicken monocyte differentiation antigen CD14, a 465 amino acid GPI-anchored membrane glycoprotein containing multiple http://www.ebi.ac.uk/interpro/entry/IPR026906
. CD14 is a monocyte/macrophage differentiation antigen, belonging to the lipopolysaccharide receptor family, also expressed weakly on microglia and Langerhans cells.
CD14 acts as a receptor for the potent bacterial endotoxin, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), facilitated by LPS-binding protein (LBP). The binding of LPS to CD14 results in cell activation and the release of cytokines and the inflammatory response, and has been shown to upregulate the cell surface expression of adhesion molecules.
Clone AV141 is one of a range of antibodies that have been developed by the Roslin Institute as part of the Avian immulogy toolbox project. In addition to Mouse anti Chicken CD14 antibody, clone AV141, other antibodies to chicken CD antigens
and chicken cytokines
from this project are now available from Bio-Rad.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Chicken CD14/huIg fusion protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This reagent was produced by the WellcomeTrust-funded National Avian Resource Facility (Grant number WT099164MA).
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD14 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product is suitable for use in indirect ELISA applications.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra