Mouse anti Chicken CD14 antibody, clone AV141
recognises chicken monocyte differentiation antigen CD14, a 465 amino acid GPI-anchored membrane glycoprotein containing multiple http://www.ebi.ac.uk/interpro/entry/IPR026906
. CD14 is a monocyte/macrophage differentiation antigen, belonging to the lipopolysaccharide receptor family, also expressed weakly on microglia and Langerhans cells.
CD14 acts as a receptor for the potent bacterial endotoxin, lipopolysaccharide (LPS), facilitated by LPS-binding protein (LBP). The binding of LPS to CD14 results in cell activation and the release of cytokines and the inflammatory response, and has been shown to upregulate the cell surface expression of adhesion molecules.
Clone AV141 is one of a range of antibodies that have been developed by the Roslin Institute as part of the Avian immulogy toolbox project. In addition to Mouse anti Chicken CD14 antibody, clone AV141, other antibodies to chicken CD antigens
and chicken cytokines
from this project are now available from Bio-Rad.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Chicken CD14/huIg fusion protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- This reagent was produced by the WellcomeTrust-funded National Avian Resource Facility (Grant number WT099164MA).
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD14 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul
- This product is suitable for use in indirect ELISA applications.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available