Mouse anti Cat MHC Class II antibody, clone vpg3 recognizes a monomorphic determinant on feline MHC class II molecules. MonomorphicThe major histocompatibility complex (MHC) is a cluster of genes that are important in the immune response to infections. In cats, this is referred to as the feline leukocyte antigen (FLA) region.
Mouse anti Cat MHC Class II antibody, clone vpg3 recogniszes monomorphic feline MHC class II molecules which are expressed by antigen presenting cells, B cells, monocytes and both activated and resting T lymphocytes.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Tissue Culture Supernatant - liquid
- Tissue Culture Supernatant containing 10mM HEPES and 5-10% foetal calf serum
- Preservative Stabilisers
- IL-2 dependent feline T cells.
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the NS0 mouse myeloma cell line
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of MHC Class II Monomorphic antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
- 1The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 50ul of the suggested working dilution to label 106 cells in 100ul
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Product Specific References
References for MHC Class II Monomorphic antibody
Willett, B.J. et al. (1993) Infection with feline immunodeficiency virus is followed by the rapid expansion of a CD8+ lymphocyte subset.
Immunology 78: 1-6.
Willett, B.J., and Callanan, J.J. (1995) The expression of leucocyte differentiation antigens in the feline immune system., p 3-15. In Feline Immunology and Immunodeficiency (eds.) Willett, B.J. and Jarrett, O.
Oxford University Press.
Beatty, J.A. et al. (1996) A longitudinal study of feline immunodeficiency virus-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes in experimentally infected cats, using antigen-specific induction.
J Virol. 70 (9): 6199-206.
Avery, P.R. et al. (2007) Sustained generation of tissue dendritic cells from cats using organ stromal cell cultures.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 117 (3-4): 222-35.
Mumaw, J.L. et al. (2015) Feline mesenchymal stem cells and supernatant inhibit reactive oxygen species production in cultured feline neutrophils.
Res Vet Sci. 103: 60-9.
Hein, A. et al. (2003) Ramified feline microglia selects for distinct variants of feline immunodeficiency virus during early central nervous system infection.
J Neurovirol. 9 (4): 465-76.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra