Cy5 Conjugation Kit
LYNX Rapid Plus Cy5 Antibody Conjugation Kit
- Product Type
- Conjugation Kit
- Cy5 Conjugation Kit
|Lynx Rapid Plus Cy5 antibody conjugation kit enables the ultra rapid conjugation of a pre-prepared lyophilized mixture containing Cyanine Dye5 (Cy5) label to an antibody or protein. Activation of proprietary reagents within the antibody-label solution results in the coupling of Cy5 to the antibody.
The LYNX Rapid Plus kit can be used to label small quantities of antibody/protein at near neutral pH, allowing a high conjugation efficiency with 100% antibody recovery.
- Reagents in the Kit
- 3 Vials LYNX Rapid Plus lyophilized Cy5 mix
1 Vial LYNX Rapid Plus Modifier reagent
1 Vial LYNX Rapid Plus Quencher reagent.
- Preparing The Antibody
- The following buffer solutions are recommended for preparing the antibody:
10-50mM amine-free buffer (e.g HEPES, MES, MOPS and phosphate) pH range 6.5-8.5.
Do not use buffers containing nucleophilic components e.g primary amines and thiols since they may react with LYNX chemicals, and Thiomersal should also be avoided. Azide (0.02-0.1%), BSA (0.1-0.5%), EDTA, Glycerol (up to 50%), and common non-buffering salts and sugars have little or no effect on conjugation efficiency.
It is recommended that 100-200μg antibody be used in each labeling reaction. For optimal results the antibody should be at a concentration of 1mg/ml, with a maximum volume of 100μl and a recommended antibody amount of 100μg. A maximum of 200μg of antibody can be used to obtain good quality conjugates as long as the maximum conjugation volume of 100μl is not exceeded. Antibody below 1mg/ml can still be used as long as the maximum volume is not exceeded. Using less than the recommended amount of antibody may result in unbound label, but this will be removed during subsequent application wash steps. Antibody below 0.5mg/ml should be concentrated before use with the kit.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- This product or portions thereof is manufactured under license from Carnegie Mellon University under U.S. Patent Number 5,268,486 and related patents. Cy and CyDye are trademarks of GE Healthcare Limited.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- 1.To the antibody sample add 1μl of the Rapid Plus Modifier reagent for every 10ul of antibody and mix gently.
2.Pipette the mixed antibody-modifier sample directly onto the LYNX Rapid Plus lyophilized mix and gently pipette up and down twice to resuspend.
3.Replace cap onto vial and incubate in the dark at room temperature (20-25°C) for 15 minutes, or overnight if preferred.
4.After incubation, add 1μl of Rapid Plus Quencher reagent for every 10ul of antibody used, and mix gently. Leave to stand for 4 minutes before use.
References for Cy5 Conjugation Kit
Palmieri, D. et al. (2015) Human anti-nucleolin recombinant immunoagent for cancer therapy.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 112 (30): 9418-23.
- Licensed Use
- Bio-Rad LYNX conjugation kits are offered for research purposes alone, and are not intended for human, therapeutic or diagnostic use. The purchase of this conjugation kit conveys to the buyer (whether the buyer is a not-for-profit, academic or for-profit entity) the non-transferable right to use the amount of product purchased and the components of the product for in-house research. The buyer shall not sell or otherwise transfer this product, its components, or materials prepared therefrom to any third party. The buyer shall not use this product or its components for commercial purposes. For the avoidance of doubt, ‘commercial purposes’ means any activity by a party for consideration and includes, without limitation, use of the product or its components (I) in the manufacturing of conjugated materials (e.g. labeled antibodies), (ii) to provide a service, information or data, (iii) for therapeutic, diagnostic or prophylactic purposes, or (iv) for repackaging/resale, whether or not such product or its components are resold for use in research. The use of this product by the buyer constitutes agreement with the terms of this limited use label license for LYNX products.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up