Dengue Virus Type 2
Native Dengue Virus Type 2 is a preparation of viral particles concentrated from tissue culture supernatant. Dengue Virus Type 2 is one of four antigenically distinct yet closely related viral serotypes belonging to the family Flaviviridae known to cause Dengue fever in humans. Dengue infection is a major cause of morbidity in tropical and subtropical regions. It is a mosquito borne viral infection that may be asymptomatic or may cause undifferentiated fever, dengue fever, dengue haemorrhagic fever or dengue shock syndrome. Currently, there is no vaccine or effective antiviral drugs to treat the infection.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated, highly purified preparation of Dengue virus type 2 particles - liquid.
- Dengue virus particles are concentrated from tissue culture supernatant by precipitation and ultracentrifugation. Antigen is purified by sucrose density gradient centrifugation. Virus particles are separated from the sucrose containing buffer by ultracentrifugation before resuspension in Medium 199.
The antigen preparation is inactivated by room temperature incubation with formaldehyde. The formaldehyde is neutralised by the addition of sodium bisulphite.
- Dengue virus type 2 strain 16681 cultured in Vero cells.
- Buffer Solution
- Medium 199
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- This product has been rendered inactive by standard procedures. However this material should still be handled as infectious and should be disposed of appropriately.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.6 mg/ml.
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Dengue Virus Type 2
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)