Dengue Virus Type 2
|Native Dengue Virus Type 2 is a preparation of viral particles concentrated from tissue culture supernatant. Dengue Virus Type 2 is one of four antigenically distinct yet closely related viral serotypes belonging to the family Flaviviridae known to cause Dengue fever in humans. Dengue infection is a major cause of morbidity in tropical and subtropical regions. It is a mosquito borne viral infection that may be asymptomatic or may cause undifferentiated fever, dengue fever, dengue haemorrhagic fever or dengue shock syndrome. Currently, there is no vaccine or effective antiviral drugs to treat the infection.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated, highly purified preparation of Dengue virus type 2 particles - liquid.
- Dengue virus type 2 strain 16681 cultured in Vero cells. Dengue virus particles are concentrated from tissue culture supernatant by precipitation and ultracentrifugation. Antigen is purified by sucrose density gradient centrifugation. Virus particles are separated from the sucrose containing buffer by ultracentrifugation before resuspension in Medium 199. The antigen preparation is inactivated by room temperature incubation with formaldehyde. The formaldehyde is neutralised by the addition of sodium bisulphite.
- Buffer Solution
- Medium 199
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Antigenic activity is 235% of internal reference standard.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 0.8 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up