- Product Type
|Cytomegalovirus is a member of the Herpesviridae family. It may be transmitted from person to person through urine, saliva, other bodily fluids, breast milk and transplanted organs. It is a common infection which mostly passes unnoticed. The infection may be dangerous to people who are immunocompromised such as those who are HIV positive or organ transplant recipients. The infection may also be dangerous to pre- and post-natal infants. Antiviral drugs are useful in the treatment of CMV infection.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Cytomegalovirus - liquid
- Cytomegalovirus strain AD-169, cultured in MRC-5, a diploid cell line of human lung origin. MRC-5 monolayers are infected in a manner which will ensure that the full host of viral proteins are present upon harvest. Optimally infected tissue is collected in glycine buffered saline. The cells are disrupted to release cellular CMV antigen and cellular debris is removed by centrifugation. The antigen preparation is inactivated using gamma radiation, which primarily damages viral genetic material.
- Buffer Solution
- Glycine buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Antigenic activity is 112% of internal reference standard.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 3.3 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Instructions For Use
- PIP005 should be sonicated immediately before use to ensure the preparation is uniform. The product may be used in a variety of immunoassay formats or may be further purified to meet the requirements of a particular assay format.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Viral Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up