Cytomegalovirus is a member of the Herpesviridae family. It may be transmitted from person to person through urine, saliva, other bodily fluids, breast milk and transplanted organs. It is a common infection which mostly passes unnoticed. The infection may be dangerous to people who are immunocompromised such as those who are HIV positive or organ transplant recipients. The infection may also be dangerous to pre- and post-natal infants. Antiviral drugs are useful in the treatment of CMV infection.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Inactivated Cytomegalovirus - liquid
- Cytomegalovirus strain AD-169, cultured in MRC-5, a diploid cell line of human lung origin. MRC-5 monolayers are infected in a manner which will ensure that the full host of viral proteins are present upon harvest. Optimally infected tissue is collected in glycine buffered saline. The cells are disrupted to release cellular CMV antigen and cellular debris is removed by centrifugation.
The antigen preparation is inactivated using gamma radiation, which primarily damages viral genetic material.
- Buffer Solution
- Glycine buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- This product has been rendered inactive by standard procedures. However this material should still be handled as infectious and should be disposed of appropriately.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 3.5 mg/ml
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 18 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Cytomegalovirus
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- PIP005 should be sonicated immediately before use to ensure the preparation is uniform. The product may be used in a variety of immunoassay formats or may be further purified to meet the requirements of a particular assay format.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)