Native Human IgM is purified from human plasma and demonstrated a single band in electrophoresis. Native Human IgM has been used as the IgM antigen in the development of a sensitive ELISA assay for the measurement of IgM in human samples.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified immunoglobulin from human plasma - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 1ml 250mM Sodium Chloride. Further dilutions may then be made in sterile Phosphate Buffered Saline.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified IgM prepared by delipidation, salt fractionation and ion-exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- >95% Single band in high resolution protein electrophoresis on Corning HRPE agarose gel. 0.5 µl of IgM solution at 50 mg/ml in isotonic saline.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 5.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01871 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IGHM Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0003823 antigen binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005624 membrane fraction
- For research purposes only
Applications of IgM
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)