This rabbit serum is intended for use as a source of rabbit complement for cytotoxicity studies and HLA-ABC tissue typing.This material will appear cloudy after reconstitution. the cloudy appearance is a result of the lyophilation process, and does not affect potency. Use within one hour of reconstitution, keeping on ice throughout.
- Product Form
- Rabbit serum - lyophilised.
- Reconstitute with 2 ml ice cold distilled water.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at +4oC for 1 hour or aliquot and store at -70oC for longer.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the product.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Rabbit Complement
|Functional Assays 1
- 1 This product is not sold as sterile but can be sterilized by filtration if necessary. It is preferable to dilute the complement to a final working concentration before filtration in order to minimize loss of volume.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Rabbit Complement
(1983) Essential aspects of tissue typing: Preparation, use, storage of reagents and standardisation of complement. Council of Europe. European Health Committee, Strasbourg. ISBN 92-871.224-4.
(1979) NIAID Manual of tissue typing techniques. Edited by J.G. Ray. Publication No. NIH-80-545.