This rabbit serum is intended for use as a source of rabbit complement for cytotoxicity studies and HLA-ABC tissue typing.This material will appear cloudy after reconstitution. the cloudy appearance is a result of the lyophilation process, and does not affect potency. Use within one hour of reconstitution, keeping on ice throughout.
- Product Form
- Rabbit serum - lyophilised.
- Reconstitute with 2 ml ice cold distilled water.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at +4oC for 1 hour or aliquot and store at -70oC for longer.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the product.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Rabbit Complement
|Functional Assays 1
- 1 This product is not sold as sterile but can be sterilized by filtration if necessary. It is preferable to dilute the complement to a final working concentration before filtration in order to minimize loss of volume.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Rabbit Complement
(1983) Essential aspects of tissue typing: Preparation, use, storage of reagents and standardisation of complement. Council of Europe. European Health Committee, Strasbourg. ISBN 92-871.224-4.
(1979) NIAID Manual of tissue typing techniques. Edited by J.G. Ray. Publication No. NIH-80-545.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra