Quantum™ R-PE MESF Medium Level is comprised of four calibrated fluorescent populations, with different levels of RPE fluorescence intensity, and one blank population of uniform microspheres that are approximately the size of human lymphocytes (7-9μm). The excitation and emission spectra of the microspheres match those of cell samples labeled with RPE.
The levels of fluorescence intensity in the different kits (Low, Medium and High) are intended to span the intensity range of common cellular analyses. Medium level kits are used for many types of analyses, and nicely span the range of typical cell samples. Common analyses include those for many surface markers, including CD4 / CD8.
- Intended Use
- FCSC827A is used in the quantitation of RPE fluorescence intensity in Molecules of Equivalent Soluble Fluorochrome (MESF) units. When used in conjunction with Simply Cellular® microspheres this kit also allows quantitation of Antibody Binding Capacity (ABC).
This kit enables fluorescence intensity of a sample to be directly quantified in terms of MESF units and for samples from different instruments to be accurately compared. The fluorescence intensity of each of the five populations in the kit have been calibrated against solutions of laser grade fluorescent dye in units of MESF RPE per microsphere. The Certified Blank™ population is used to measure the fluorescence detection threshold of the instrument. Correct use of the kit enables:
1) quantitation of fluorescence intensity of samples in terms of MESF;
2) determination of instrument fluorescence detection threshold;
3) determination of instrument linearity;
4) data comparison over time and between multiple instruments.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.01% Tween 80
- Reagents in the Kit
Pack Size: 20 Tests
1 x 1ml bottle of unlabeled microbeads
4 x 1ml bottles of labeled microbeads
Pack Size: 100 Tests
1 x 5ml bottle of unlabeled microbeads
4 x 5ml bottles of labeled microbeads
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Quantum™ is a trademark of Bang Laboratories, INC.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Quantum™ R-PE MESF Medium Level
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/FCSC827A.pdf
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra