- Intended Use
- AbGuard® Plate Stabilizer simultaneously stabilizes and preserves microwell plates coated with proteins or other biomolecules and blocks any free binding sites. It preserves the biological activity of bound molecules and prevents degradation, denaturation and leaching. It also blocks free binding sites without creating any interference.
BUF063 is a weakly opaque solution containing proprietary stabilizing components. It does not contain azide, mercury or other toxic compounds. It is biologically inactive.
- Product Form
- Ready to use Plate Blocking and Protection Buffer - liquid
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Plate Blocking and Protection Buffer
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- 1. Adsorb the primary protein or other biomolecule to the surface of the microwell according to in-house procedures (typically wells are coated with 100ul of the biomolecule in a fresh carbonate buffer pH 9.6 overnight at 4°C or for 6 hours at room temperature).
2. Without emptying and washing of the plate, add into the coated wells 100-200ul of AbGuard® Plate Stabilizer. Saturation is done at room temperature by incubation with AbGuard® Plate Stabilizer for 10-15 minutes by gently stirring. Empty the plate by cautious inversion of the plate. DO NOT wash hereafter.
3. Dry the plate for long term storage. Recommended methods are:
• Dry the plate in darkness at room temperature overnight. Do not cover the plate.
• Dry the plate in darkness for 2 - 24 hours in a chamber with low humidity (less than 20%) until totally dry (electronic drying chamber or plastic box containing calcium sulphate or silica gel, etc.). Alternatively, dry for 3 hours at 37°C.
4. Immediately after drying, pack the stabilized microwell plate in an airtight, light-protecting and moisture-proof container or bag with a desiccant.
5. It is recommended to evaluate whether it is necessary to pre-wash stabilized plates prior to use.
Troubleshooting advice: it is recommended to introduce an extra wash step after coating, to remove unbound material, if unexpected results are obtained. Use standard washing methods of inverting the plate and tapping it on an absorbent paper, or use an automatic plate washer. It is essential that the coated area SHOULD NOT be allowed to dry before adding AbGuard® Plate Stabilizer.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)