Monensin Solution (1000x) is commonly used to enhance intracellular cytokine staining by inhibiting protein transport. This solution causes many of the cytokines to accumulate in the Golgi apparatus and endoplasmic reticulum.
- Product Form
- 1000x concentrate - liquid
- 2 mM solution prior to dilution
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 70% Ethanol
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Ethanol is flammable, keep away from sources of fire.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Monensin Solution
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- 1. Dilute the Monensin Solution (1000x) to a 1x working concentration using cell culture media
2. Add Monensin Solution (1x) to cell culture for 4-24 hours prior to antibody staining. Do not exceed cell culture time as this may affect cell viabiilty
Note: Time and cell culture conditions may need to be optimized
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra