- Intended Use
- OBT1998G is a sample diluent specially formulated for use with serum and plasma samples in antigen-down and sandwich ELISA formats. OBT1998G dilutes highly concentrated samples into the functional range of the assay, preventing overloading of the coating proteins. It also performs well as a protein diluent in standard curve preparation. The proprietary additives in a buffered BSA protein base minimize non-specific binding and inhibit clotting and interference caused by complement activity. An antimicrobial agent provides a solution free of bacterial contamination.
- Product Form
- Ready to use - liquid.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.17% Proclin™ 300
<10% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted.
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- Proclin™ 300 is a trademark of The Dow Chemical Company (“Dow”) or an affiliated company of Dow.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ELISA Plasma Sample Diluent
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Dilute samples as required before addition to ELISA plate. Highly concentrated samples may need to be diluted 1:1000 or more.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra