- Intended Use
- BUF038A is an ELISA assay diluent designed to reduce background noise and assist in matrix equalization in problematic serum and plasma samples, especially those affected by high levels of “sticky” IgM which can non-specifically bind the HRP conjugate. Specially formulated for use in sandwich ELISA, it contains mammalian protein additives based on normal goat serum to reduce non-specific interactions between sample proteins and the plate surface.
The difference in complexity, between serum or plasma samples and diluted standard curve proteins, is a potential cause of target analyte under-recovery. BUF038A equalizes the matrix, reduces IgM-mediated bridging interference, inhibits complement and thrombin activity and contains an antimicrobial agent.
- Product Form
- Ready to use - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.10% Sodium Azide
1-5% Sodium Metabisulphite
- Store at +4oC.
DO NOT FREEZE
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ELISA IgM Reducing Assay Diluent
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Instructions For Use
- Pipette buffer directly onto the plate, just prior to adding the sample or standard (suggested volume 50 - 100ul/well).
NB. Since this buffer contains proteins derived from goat, BUF038A is not recommended for ELISA where an anti goat secondary antibody is used.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available