Recombinant rat TNF alpha was tested in a cytotoxicity assay on murine L929 cells - this batch demonstrated an ED50 of <0.05ng/ml.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant rat TNF alpha purified from E.coli.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >2 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.3kD (157 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
response to hypoxia
negative regulation of L-glutamate transport
skeletal muscle contraction
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
response to mechanical stimulus
negative regulation of cell proliferation
response to drug
response to activity
positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
positive regulation of neuron apoptosis
positive regulation of mitosis
negative regulation of glucose import
positive regulation of synaptic transmission
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TNF Alpha
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product may be used as a standard in ELISA applications with either AAR33 or AAR33B.
- Western Blotting
- This product may be used as the posititve control in Western Blotting applications with either AAR33 or AAR33B.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for TNF Alpha
Rayner, S.A. et al. (2000) Local bioactive tumour necrosis factor (TNF) in corneal allotransplantation.
Clin Exp Immunol. 122 (1): 109-16.
Lee, P.T. et al. (2000) Role of alveolar macrophages in innate immunity in neonates: evidence for selective lipopolysaccharide binding protein production by rat neonatal alveolar macrophages.
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 23 (5): 652-61.
Dumont, A.O. et al. (2014) Differential Regulation of Glutamate Transporter Subtypes by Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine TNF-α in Cortical Astrocytes from a Rat Model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
PLoS One. 9: e97649.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra