|Recombinant rat TNF alpha was tested in a cytotoxicity assay on murine L929 cells - this batch demonstrated an ED50 of <0.05ng/ml.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant rat TNF alpha purified from E.coli.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >2 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.3kD (157 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||1.5||3.0 ng/lane|
References for TNF Alpha
Rayner, S.A. et al. (2000) Local bioactive tumour necrosis factor (TNF) in corneal allotransplantation.
Clin Exp Immunol. 122 (1): 109-16.
Lee, P.T. et al. (2000) Role of alveolar macrophages in innate immunity in neonates: evidence for selective lipopolysaccharide binding protein production by rat neonatal alveolar macrophages.
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 23 (5): 652-61.
Dumont, A.O. et al. (2014) Differential Regulation of Glutamate Transporter Subtypes by Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine TNF-α in Cortical Astrocytes from a Rat Model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
PLoS One. 9: e97649.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0001775 cell activation
- GO:0002037 negative regulation of L-glutamate transport
- GO:0003009 skeletal muscle contraction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0009612 response to mechanical stimulus
- GO:0019722 calcium-mediated signaling
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0014823 response to activity
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043525 positive regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0046325 negative regulation of glucose import
- GO:0050806 positive regulation of synaptic transmission
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up