Recombinant rat TNF alpha was tested in a cytotoxicity assay on murine L929 cells - this batch demonstrated an ED50 of <0.05ng/ml.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.2ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant rat TNF alpha purified from E.coli.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >2 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.3kD (157 Amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
Please see label for expiry date.
- P16599 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Tnf Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0001775 cell activation
- GO:0002037 negative regulation of L-glutamate transport
- GO:0003009 skeletal muscle contraction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005164 tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0009612 response to mechanical stimulus
- GO:0019722 calcium-mediated signaling
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0014823 response to activity
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043525 positive regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0045840 positive regulation of mitosis
- GO:0046325 negative regulation of glucose import
- GO:0050806 positive regulation of synaptic transmission
- For research purposes only
Applications of TNF Alpha
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Western Blotting||1.5||3.0 ng/lane|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for TNF Alpha
Rayner, S.A. et al. (2000) Local bioactive tumour necrosis factor (TNF) in corneal allotransplantation.
Clin Exp Immunol. 122 (1): 109-16.
Lee, P.T. et al. (2000) Role of alveolar macrophages in innate immunity in neonates: evidence for selective lipopolysaccharide binding protein production by rat neonatal alveolar macrophages.
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 23 (5): 652-61.
Dumont, A.O. et al. (2014) Differential Regulation of Glutamate Transporter Subtypes by Pro-Inflammatory Cytokine TNF-α in Cortical Astrocytes from a Rat Model of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
PLoS One. 9: e97649.