Recombinant Rabbit interleukin-4 is a recombinant protein corresponding to aa 24 - 147 of rabbit interleukin-4 (IL-4), a 16.6 kDa regulatory cytokine belonging to the IL-4 / IL-13 family. IL-4 is expressed by a range of cells including B cells, macrophages and monocytes. It plays an important role in the regulation of rabbit B cell responses, is involved in promoting secretion and cell surface expression of IgG1 and IgE, and with the regulation of CD23 expression on lymphocytes and monocytes.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 μl sterile PBS containing 0.1% carrier protein
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris and purified by ion-exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 10% Trehalose
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 14.2 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Q9MZR8 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005136 interleukin-4 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0042113 B cell activation
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-4
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)