Plasmodium falciparum HRP2
|This product is recombinant Plasmodium falciparum histidine rich protein-2, a member of the histidine rich protein family found in the malaria parasite. Histidine rich protein-2 is secreted by Plasmodium falciparum into the host erythrocyte cytosol and is expressed on the cell membrane or associated with the cytoskeleton of infected erythrocytes. Histidine rich protein-2 is thought to polymerise free haem to form haemozoin. It is also thought to play a role in the polymerisation of ferriprotoporphyrin IX, a by-product of haemoglobin degradation.
This protein contains a proprietary protein fusion partner.
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - liquid
- Recombinant Plasmodium falciparum HRP2 expressed in Escherichia coli.
- Buffer Solution
- Sodium carbonate buffer, pH9.6
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- ~90% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 37 kDa
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up