VEGF-A, otherwise known as vascular permeability factor (VPF) is a member of the PDGF / VEGF family of growth factors. Porcine VEGF-A is a growth factor that induces cell proliferation in endothelial cells. It is important in endothelial cell growth, vasculogensis and angiogenesis. VEGF-A is also active in the induction of blood vessel permeability.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 μl sterile PBS containing 0.1% carrier protein
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris and purified by ion-exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 10% Trehalose
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 19.2 kDa (calculated)
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- GO:0051781 positive regulation of cell division
- For research purposes only
Applications of VEGF-A
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra