Purified human Tenascin is a preparation of human tenascin prepared from tissue culture supernatant of the glioblastoma U-251 MG, formally distributed as U-373 MG, an astrocytoid adherent cell line, an over producer of human tenascin. Tenascin is a secreted peptide found in the extracellular matrix that plays an active role in the development of the CNS and mesenchymal derived organs. It is also present in adult tumour vasculature and has functions in cell adhesion.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from tissue culture supernatant - liquid
- 8640-0502 was purified from tissue culture supernatant of the overproducing cell line, U251, using precipitation, concentration and dialysis.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- >97% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1mg/ml
- Molecular Weight
- This protein migrates at around 280-300 kDa by SDS PAGE analysis
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P24821 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TNC Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0009611 response to wounding
- GO:0045545 syndecan binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of Tenascin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This product represents a suitable standard for use with 8640-0208 in a direct ELISA system.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)