Recombinant Human Resistin
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
|Human resistin, a disulfide-linked homodimeric protein otherwise known as adipose tissue-specific secretory factor, is an adipose-derived hormone and member of the resistin/FIZZ family, implicated as a suppressor of the ability of insulin to reduce blood sugar, and to play a role in type 2 diabetes and obesity.
Resistin is involved in an increase in the transcription/expression of many pro-inflammatory cytokines, including interleukin-1,-6 and -12, and also upregulates vascular cell-adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1), intracellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1), and monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 250 ul distilled water.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant resistin expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium Citrate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to stimulate lipolysis in cultured human adipocytes
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 19.5 kDa
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Adipose TISSUE-SPECIFIC Secretory Factor
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
PHP200157262 162288 164856
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up