Recombinant human prolactin is a non-glycosylated, E. coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to full-length mature human prolactin
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 100 ul distilled water.
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- See Buffer solution.
- The ED50 is < 0.065ng/ml, as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of the proliferation of rat lymphoma Nb2-11.
- 95% as determined by SEC-HPLC and SDS-PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 23 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
prolactin receptor binding
cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
regulation of multicellular organism growth
positive regulation of JAK-STAT cascade
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Prolactin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)