Recombinant human prolactin is a non-glycosylated, E. coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to full-length mature human prolactin
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 100 ul distilled water.
For long term storage it is recommended to add a carrier protein (0.1% HSA or BSA).
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- See Buffer solution.
- The ED50 is < 0.065ng/ml, as determined by the dose-dependant stimulation of the proliferation of rat lymphoma Nb2-11.
- 95% as determined by SEC-HPLC and SDS-PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 23 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P01236 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PRL Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005148 prolactin receptor binding
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0007166 cell surface receptor linked signaling pathway
- GO:0007565 female pregnancy
- GO:0007595 lactation
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0040014 regulation of multicellular organism growth
- GO:0046427 positive regulation of JAK-STAT cascade
- For research purposes only
Applications of Prolactin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)