Native Human Prealbumin
- Product Type
- Purified Protein
|Native human prealbumin, also known as transthyretin, is a homotetrameric serum and cerebrospinal fluid protein which acts as a carrier for the thyroid hormone thyroxine. Each monomer is a 127 amino acid polypeptide. Prealbumin is synthesised principally in the liver and choroid plexus from where it is secreted into the serum and cerebrospinal fluid respectively.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from human serum - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml sterile PBS. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
SDS-PAGE confirms prealbumin as the major component. Under certain conditions dimer and monomer subunits can be seen. Cellulose acetate electrophoresis shows one band only with a higher electrophoretic mobility than albumin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 60 kDa (tetramer)
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up