Recombinant Human Leptin
- Product Type
- Recombinant Protein
|Recombinant human leptin is a leptin preparation made in E. coli. Leptin is a major adipose-derived hormone and member of the leptin family, which plays a key role in appetite control and the regulation of energy expenditure.
Secreted leptin associates with proteins within the bloodstream and is transported to the brain, where it inhibits or up-regulates the activity of neuropeptides such as neuropeptide Y (NPY) and alpha-melanocyte-stimulating hormone respectively. Leptin is a recognised marker of obesity, with a correlation between circulating levels of leptin and body fat mass, and defects in leptin production result in severe obesity. Regulators of leptin expression include insulin, cortisol, cAMP and thiazolidinediones.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% bovine serum abumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Purified recombinant leptin expressed in E.coli. Sterile filtered through a 0.2 micron filter
- Buffer Solution
- Lyophilized with 0.1% TFA
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- PHP198 is biologically active in the ob/ob mouse obesity model. The ob/ob mice were treated via intraperitoneal injection once daily at a dose of 5 µg Leptin/gm of body weight for 7 days. Significant effects on body weight, food consumption, and plasma glucose levels were observed to saline-treated controls.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 16.0 kDa (147 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up