Lactoferrin is used as a therapeutic and prophylactic treatment of various illnesses, such as cancers and intestinal illnesses.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from human milk - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 5 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified by chromatography.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- ~ 90% by Biuret method
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4°C.
After reconstitution store at +4°C.
DO NOT FREEZE. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Lactoferrin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Product Specific References
References for Lactoferrin
Wahl, A. et al. (2015) Breast Milk of HIV-Positive Mothers Has Potent and Species-Specific In Vivo HIV-Inhibitory Activity.
J Virol. 89 (21): 10868-78.
Yamashita, K. et al. (2017) Impact of a 7-Day Field Training on Oral Health Condition in Japan Ground Self-Defense Force Personnel.
Mil Med. 182 (7): e1869-77.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra