Human Katacalcin, also known as Calcitonin precursor peptide, is a member of the calcitonin gene family. Katacalcin is a calcium-lowering hormone that can significantly lower plasma calcium levels.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified synthetic peptide - liquid
- Solid phase synthesis
- Buffer Solution
- Acetate buffer
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Purity: >95%
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Molecular Weight
- 2436.9 Da
- Store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01258 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CALCA Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002548 monocyte chemotaxis
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007566 embryo implantation
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0031716 calcitonin receptor binding
- GO:0032147 activation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0045762 positive regulation of adenylate cyclase activity
- GO:0045779 negative regulation of bone resorption
- GO:0051482 elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration involved in G-protein signaling coupled to IP3 second messenger
- For research purposes only
Applications of Katacalcin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)