|Interleukin-4, also known as B-cell stimulatory factor 1, is a pleiotropic cytokine which interacts with multiple cell lineages, including T cells, fibroblasts and haematopoietic cells, and is one of the most important factors involved in B cell IgG1 and IgE class switching. Excessive secretion of IL-4 by Th2 helper cells, has been linked with allergy and elevated IgE levels.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Pack Size: 20 µgReconstitute with 200 ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.Pack Size: 5 µgReconstitute with 50 ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
For extended storage it is recommended to further dilute in a buffer containing 0.1% BSA.
- Purified recombinant IL-4 expressed in E. coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of human TF-1 cells is ≤ 0.2 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 106 units/mg.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 14.9 kDa (129 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005136 interleukin-4 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006968 cellular defense response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008203 cholesterol metabolic process
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0042092 type 2 immune response
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045189 connective tissue growth factor biosynthetic process
- GO:0045348 positive regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
- GO:0045671 negative regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048295 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgE isotypes
- GO:0048304 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up