Interleukin-4, also known as B-cell stimulatory factor 1, is a pleiotropic cytokine which interacts with multiple cell lineages, including T cells, fibroblasts and haematopoietic cells, and is one of the most important factors involved in B cell IgG1 and IgE class switching. Excessive secretion of IL-4 by Th2 helper cells, has been linked with allergy and elevated IgE levels.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Pack Size: 20 µgReconstitute with 200ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.Pack Size: 5 µgReconstitute with 50ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
For extended storage it is recommended to further dilute in a buffer containing 0.1% BSA.
- Purified recombinant IL-4 expressed in E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of human TF-1 cells is ≤ 0.2 ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of ≥ 5 x 106 units/mg.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 14.9kD (129 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- P05112 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL4 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005136 interleukin-4 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006968 cellular defense response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008203 cholesterol metabolic process
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0030890 positive regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0042092 type 2 immune response
- GO:0043066 negative regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045189 connective tissue growth factor biosynthetic process
- GO:0045348 positive regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
- GO:0045671 negative regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048295 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgE isotypes
- GO:0048304 positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-4
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)