In an assay of dose dependent inhibition of IL-1 stimulation of D10S cells, the ED50 was expected to be 20-40 ng/ml.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Recombinant protein produced in E. coli
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17 kDa (153 amino acids)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005152 interleukin-1 receptor antagonist activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-1RA
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Recombinant human Interleukin-1RA may be used as the standard for ELISA applications with either a purified human IL-1RA antibody or a biotinylated human IL-1RA antibody.
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant huma Interleukin-1RA may be used as a positive control for Western Blotiing applications with either a purified human IL-1RA antibody or a biotinylated human IL-1RA antibody.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra