|Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist (IL-1RA) is a naturally occurring protein which inhibits the activity of IL-1 alpha and IL-1 beta by competitively blocking binding to cell surface receptors for IL-1.
In an assay of dose dependent inhibition of IL-1 stimulation of D10S cells, the ED50 was expected to be 20-40 ng/ml.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Recombinant protein produced in E. coli
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17 kDa (153 amino acids)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Recombinant human Interleukin-1RA may be used as the standard for ELISA applications with either a purified human IL-1RA antibody or a biotinylated human IL-1RA antibody.
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant huma Interleukin-1RA may be used as a positive control for Western Blotiing applications with either a purified human IL-1RA antibody or a biotinylated human IL-1RA antibody.
- Interleukin-1 Receptor Antagonist
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005152 interleukin-1 receptor antagonist activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005813 centrosome
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0051384 response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up