Interleukin-11 (IL-11), also known as AGIF belongs to the IL-6 family of cytokines, and plays a protective role in acute inflammatory settings (Traber et al. 2019). IL-11 has both pro- and anti-inflammatory functions through activation of signaling cascades (Lokau et al. 2017). IL-11 is largely absent in the body fluids of healthy people, but is upregulated in a series of diseases. IL-11 can be expressed in fibroblasts, and its inhibition has been suggested as a treatment for fibrotic disease (Schafer et al. 2017), including fibrotic cardiovascular diseases (Ye et al. 2019). A role of IL-11 has also been identified in development of inflammation-associated cancers, and its inhibition may be a therapeutic goal (Putoczki et al. 2013).
This recombinant Human interleukin-11 can be used to create a standard curve in a sandwich ELISA with purified Mouse anti Human interleukin-11 antibody, clone D08-4C12 (MCA6204GA) as a capture antibody and biotinylated Mouse anti Human interleukin-11 antibody, clone C16-4B8 (MCA6205B) as the detection antibody.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Centrifuge vial prior to reconstitution. Reconstitute to 100 µg/ml by adding 100 μl ddH2O.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. Do not vortex.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli and purified by ion exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH8.0, 0.15 M NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1.0% Trehalose
- ≥90 % determined by coomassie blue staining of a reducing SDS-PAGE gel
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 100 μg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 19.1 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -70oC. Following reconstitution store at -80oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005142 interleukin-11 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0007267 cell-cell signaling
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030183 B cell differentiation
- GO:0030219 megakaryocyte differentiation
- GO:0033138 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation
- GO:0043410 positive regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0045444 fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0046888 negative regulation of hormone secretion
- GO:0050731 positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-11
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Human Interleukin-11||MCA6204GA||E||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Human Interleukin-11:Biotin||MCA6205B||E||0.1 mg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra