Recombinant Human interleukin-10 is a 161 amino acid recombinant IL-10 cytokine, with a range of reported properties including inhibition of macrophage mediated cytokine synthesis, suppression of the delayed type hypersensitivity response, and stimulation of the Th2 cells response.
Recombinant human IL-10 has an ED50 of <2.0ng/ml as determined by co-stimulation of MC/9 cells with human IL-4.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant IL-10 - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml of 5mM sodium phosphate pH 7.2. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
After the initial reconstitution step, the product should be diluted to a working concentration using an aqueous buffer containing 0.1% BSA (or any albumin), or diluted in culture media containing serum such as FCS.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Escherichia coli
- Buffer Solution
- Sodium Phosphate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- 5 x 105 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 18.6 kD
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
negative regulation of cytokine secretion involved in immune response
positive regulation of B cell apoptosis
interleukin-10 receptor binding
cytoplasmic sequestering of NF-kappaB
growth factor activity
B cell differentiation
negative regulation of B cell proliferation
negative regulation of interleukin-6 production
receptor biosynthetic process
type 2 immune response
B cell proliferation
negative regulation of T cell proliferation
positive regulation of gene-specific transcription
regulation of isotype switching
negative regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
negative regulation of interferon-alpha biosynthetic process
positive regulation of cytokine secretion
negative regulation of membrane protein ectodomain proteolysis
positive regulation of transcription factor activity
response to glucocorticoid stimulus
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
- Western Blotting
- PHP047A may be used under reducing or non-reducing western blotting conditions with AHP795.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra