Recombinant Human galectin-3 (Gal-3) is a member of the galectin family of beta-galactoside-binding proteins, which is involved in both intracellular and extracellular functions and exhibits anti-apoptotic properties.
Gal-3 is implicated in many biological processes, including cell differentiation, growth, adhesion, angiogenesis and inflammation, and is expressed in a wide range of neoplasms. Gal-3 acts as a regulator of tumour metastasis, and several studies have shown a correlation between levels of Gal-3 and tumour progression in liver, thyroid, colon, gastric and breast carcinomas, making Gal-3 an emerging cancer marker.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled waterr. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant galectin-3 expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract human blood monocytes. Chemotactic activity was observed at a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml with a peak response obtained at 250 µg/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE/HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 26 kDa (250 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
mitochondrial inner membrane
innate immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Galectin-3
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PHP188 may be used as a standard in ELISA applications involving AHP1481B.
- Western Blotting
- PHP188 may be used as a positive control in western blotting applications involving AHP1481B.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra