Recombinant Human galectin-3 (Gal-3) is a member of the galectin family of beta-galactoside-binding proteins, which is involved in both intracellular and extracellular functions and exhibits anti-apoptotic properties.
Gal-3 is implicated in many biological processes, including cell differentiation, growth, adhesion, angiogenesis and inflammation, and is expressed in a wide range of neoplasms. Gal-3 acts as a regulator of tumour metastasis, and several studies have shown a correlation between levels of Gal-3 and tumour progression in liver, thyroid, colon, gastric and breast carcinomas, making Gal-3 an emerging cancer marker.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled waterr. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant galectin-3 expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract human blood monocytes. Chemotactic activity was observed at a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml with a peak response obtained at 250 µg/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE/HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 26 kDa (250 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
mitochondrial inner membrane
innate immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Galectin-3
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PHP188 may be used as a standard in ELISA applications involving AHP1481B.
- Western Blotting
- PHP188 may be used as a positive control in western blotting applications involving AHP1481B.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available