Galectin-1 has been implicated in several major cellular functions including proliferation, motility, haematopoietic cell differentiation, apoptosis promotion and immunoregulatory effects. The expression of Gal-1 by neuronal and glial cells correlates with neuroregeneration following injury, and studies have shown the importance of Gal-1 to primary sensory neurons and synaptic connections in the spinal cord, during embryonic development.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the additiona of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Purified recombinant galectin-1 expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Sodium phosphate pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract human blood monocytes. Chemotactic activity was observed at a concentration of 2.5 µg/ml with a peak response obtained at 250 µg/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE/HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 14.5 kDa (134 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0016936 galactoside binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0042981 regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- For research purposes only
Applications of Galectin-1
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra