Native Human fibrinogen is a 340kDa glycoprotein involved in cell adhesion and migration processes including embryogenesis, metastasis, wound healing, blood coagulation and host immunity. It consists of a dimer, each part made up of three disulphide linked polypeptides known as the alpha, beta and gamma chains.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from human plasma - liquid
- Protein purified by precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Citrate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 35-65% protein, of which >90% clottable protein.
Virtually free from plasminogen and plasmin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.25 mg/ml fibrinogen
- Molecular Weight
- 340 kD
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- P02671 Related reagents
- P02675 Related reagents
- P02679 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- FGA Related reagents
- FGB Related reagents
- FGG Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0030674 protein binding, bridging
- GO:0005102 receptor binding
- GO:0007165 signal transduction
- GO:0005577 fibrinogen complex
- GO:0009897 external side of plasma membrane
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031093 platelet alpha granule lumen
- GO:0043499 eukaryotic cell surface binding
- GO:0051258 protein polymerization
- GO:0051592 response to calcium ion
- GO:0051087 chaperone binding
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- For research purposes only
Applications of Fibrinogen
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)