Human collagen type IV from placenta.Human collagen type I-III, V, VI (<5%). Non collagen proteins (<0.5%).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein - liquid
- Salt and alcohol precipitations, DEAE chromatography. Purity and retention of native helical structure was controlled by SDS-PAGE, ORD measurement, ability to form microfibrils and by reaction with anti-collagen type specific monoclonal antibodies.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- SDS PAGE: >95%
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0mg/ml.
- Molecular Weight
- 340 kDa
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P02462 Related reagents
- P08572 Related reagents
- Q01955 Related reagents
- P53420 Related reagents
- P29400 Related reagents
- Q14031 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- COL4A1 Related reagents
- COL4A2 Related reagents
- COL4A5 Related reagents
- COL4A4 Related reagents
- COL4A3 Related reagents
- COL4A6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001525 angiogenesis
- GO:0005201 extracellular matrix structural constituent
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0048407 platelet-derived growth factor binding
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005587 collagen type IV
- GO:0016525 negative regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0030198 extracellular matrix organization
- GO:0005605 basal lamina
- GO:0032836 glomerular basement membrane development
- For research purposes only
Applications of Collagen IV
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for Collagen IV
Takahashi, S. et al. (2015) C-type lectin-like domain and fibronectin-like type II domain of phospholipase A2 receptor 1 modulate binding and migratory responses to collagen.
FEBS Lett. 589 (7): 829-35.
Glanville, R.W. et al. (1979) Isolation and characterization of a native placental basement-membrane collagen and its component alpha chains
Eur. J. Biochem. 95: 383-389.
Sage, H. et al . (1979) Characterization of a novel collagen chain in human placenta and its relation to AB collagen
Biochemistry. 18: 3815-3822.
Klasson, S.C. et al . (1986) The effects of tissue pretreatment and pepsin levels on the isolation of collagens from human placenta.
Coll. Relat. Res. 6: 397-402.
Bornstein, P. (1980) Structurally distinct collagen types
Ann. Rev. Biochem. V. 49: 957-1003.