Recombinant Human CNTF is a 199 amino acid, Escherichia coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to mature human ciliary neutotrophic factor (CTNF), a survival factor for various neuronal cell types believed to prevent the degeneration of motor axons after axotomy.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.2ml of 5mM sodium phosphate, pH 7.5.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Purified recombinant CTNF expressed in E. Coli
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent proliferation of human TF-1 cells is 50-150ng/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE/HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- Molecular Weight
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P26441 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CNTF Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005127 ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor binding
- GO:0005138 interleukin-6 receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0040007 growth
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0042517 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
- GO:0070120 ciliary neurotrophic factor-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of CNTF
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)