Recombinant Human CNTF is a 199 amino acid, Escherichia coli-derived recombinant protein corresponding to mature human ciliary neutotrophic factor (CTNF), a survival factor for various neuronal cell types believed to prevent the degeneration of motor axons after axotomy.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Purified recombinant CTNF expressed in E. Coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Citric Acid + 75mM NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent proliferation of human TF-1 cells is 50-150ng/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE/HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 22.7 kDa
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor binding
interleukin-6 receptor binding
growth factor activity
positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
ciliary neurotrophic factor-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Recombinant human CNTF may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with purified human CNTF antibody (AHP1277).
- Western Blotting
- Recombinant human CNTF may be used as the positive control for Western Blotting applications with purified human CNTF antibody (AHP1277).
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)