CD66e, also known as Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), is a surface glycoprotein found in fetal gastrointestinal tissue and associated with various benign and malignant tumours. As it is not usually present in the blood of healthy adults it is often used as a marker for cancer (Pasanen et al. 1993).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Partially purified protein - liquid
- PHP282 is partially purified by affinity chromatography from a human colon adenocarcinoma cell line.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at -20oC only.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch
- P06731 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CEACAM5 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0031225 anchored to membrane
- GO:0016323 basolateral plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD66e
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Product Specific References
References for CD66e
Yang. C,C, et al. (2014) Development of antibody functionalized magnetic nanoparticles for the immunoassay of carcinoembryonic antigen: a feasibility study for clinical use.
J Nanobiotechnology. 12 (1): 44.