C-reactive protein is an acute phase protein, produced by the liver that is used as a marker of inflammation and for monitoring and predicting coronary artery disease. It exists in the blood as a large pentamer of approximately 114 kDa.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified protein from human plasma - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- >96% by SDS-PAGE
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 114 kDa
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- P02741 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CRP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0008228 opsonization
- GO:0010745 negative regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0010888 negative regulation of lipid storage
- GO:0030169 low-density lipoprotein particle binding
- GO:0033265 choline binding
- GO:0051637 Gram-positive bacterial cell surface binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of C-Reactive Protein
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)