Beta 2 Microglobulin
native beta-2 microglobulin is a component of MHC class I molecules, which are present on all nucleated cells. Levels of beta-2 microglobulin can be used to assess renal function in kidney transplant recipients. Also known as B2M, it has been suggested that this protein can be used as a prognostic marker for HIV infection.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Human beta -2 microglobulin - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 1.0ml sterile PBS
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Human beta-2 microglobulin was prepared from urine from patients with renal tubular proteinuria.
- Buffer Solution
- Ammonium bicarbonate
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >98% by SDS-PAGE
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 12 kDa
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P61769 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- B2M Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0002474 antigen processing and presentation of peptide antigen via MHC class I
- GO:0042612 MHC class I protein complex
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0031901 early endosome membrane
- GO:0050690 regulation of defense response to virus by virus
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
Applications of Beta 2 Microglobulin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)