apo-serum Amyloid A1
Serum Amyloid A (apo-SAA) is an acute phase response protein and injury specific apolipoprotein, synthesized primarily in the liver, which is found in trace amounts in association with high density lipoproteins (HDL) in human serum, but increases dramatically during an acute response to inflammation, infection, trauma, and malignant neoplasia, to become the most abundant HDL apolipoprotein. The acute phase isoforms of apo-SAA are encoded by the genes SAA1 (Apo-SAA1) and SAA2 (Apo-SAA2), and both include allelic variants.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
- Purified recombinant apo-SAA1 expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- 5mM Tris, pH7.6
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract human monocytes using a range of 10.0-10.0 ng/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 11.7 kDa (105 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- P02735 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SAA1 Related reagents
- For research purposes only
Applications of apo-serum Amyloid A1
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)