Serum Amyloid A (apo-SAA) is an acute phase response protein and injury specific apolipoprotein, synthesized primarily in the liver, which is found in trace amounts in association with high density lipoproteins (HDL) in human serum, but increases dramatically during an acute response to inflammation, infection, trauma, and malignant neoplasia, to become the most abundant HDL apolipoprotein. The acute phase isoforms of apo-SAA are encoded by the genes SAA1 (Apo-SAA1) and SAA2 (Apo-SAA2), and both include allelic variants.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For extended storage, the addition of 0.1% BSA is recommended.
- Purified recombinant apo-SAA1 expressed in E.coli
- Buffer Solution
- 5mM Tris, pH7.6
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Determined by its ability to chemoattract human monocytes using a range of 10.0-10.0 ng/ml.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 11.7 kDa (105 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.0 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of apo-serum Amyloid A1
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra