Recombinant Adiponectin producted in Hi5 cells derived from the cabbage looper moth Trichoplusia ni corresponds to amino acids 19-244 of the human adiponectin precurson and containing an N-terminal histidine tag. Adiponectin is an adipokine exclusively secreted by adipocytes, which plays a major role in the control of fat metabolism and insulin sensitivity, through the regulation of energy homeostasis and glucose and lipid metabolism. A reduced level of plasma adiponectin is associated with type 2 diabetes and obesity insulin resistance. Adiponectin is an abundant protein in normal serum corresponding to approximately 0.1% of the total protein content.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 25ul distilled water.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant adiponectin expressed in High-5 insect cells.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Determined by a cytotoxic assay using M1 cells. The ED50 for this effect is 3.0-6.0 μg/ml.
- >97% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution.
- Molecular Weight
- 26.0kD (226 amino acid residues).
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- Q15848 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ADIPOQ Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005179 hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006006 glucose metabolic process
- GO:0006091 generation of precursor metabolites and energy
- GO:0006635 fatty acid beta-oxidation
- GO:0009749 response to glucose stimulus
- GO:0010739 positive regulation of protein kinase A signaling cascade
- GO:0010745 negative regulation of macrophage derived foam cell differentiation
- GO:0010804 negative regulation of tumor necrosis factor-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0010875 positive regulation of cholesterol efflux
- GO:0046326 positive regulation of glucose import
- GO:0030853 negative regulation of granulocyte differentiation
- GO:0032720 negative regulation of tumor necrosis factor production
- GO:0033034 positive regulation of myeloid cell apoptosis
- GO:0034115 negative regulation of heterotypic cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0034383 low-density lipoprotein particle clearance
- GO:0034612 response to tumor necrosis factor
- GO:0042593 glucose homeostasis
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043124 negative regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043499 eukaryotic cell surface binding
- GO:0045599 negative regulation of fat cell differentiation
- GO:0045650 negative regulation of macrophage differentiation
- GO:0045715 negative regulation of low-density lipoprotein particle receptor biosynthetic process
- GO:0045721 negative regulation of gluconeogenesis
- GO:0045923 positive regulation of fatty acid metabolic process
- GO:0050728 negative regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0050765 negative regulation of phagocytosis
- For research purposes only
Applications of Adiponectin
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)