Canine tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha) is produced by a range of cells, including macrophages and monocytes and is an important mediator of the canine inflammatory response. Recombinant dog TNF alpha has an ED50 of 10 pg/ml, determined by measuring the cytolytic effect of recombinant canine TNF alpha on murine WEHI-13VAR-164 cells in the presence of actinomycin D.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
Further dilutions should be made in a buffer containing a carrier protein.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.3 kDa
- Endotoxin Level
- < 1.1 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
Following reconstitution store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of TNF Alpha
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)