Canine tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha) is produced by a range of cells, including macrophages and monocytes and is an important mediator of the canine inflammatory response. Recombinant dog TNF alpha has an ED50 of 10 pg/ml, determined by measuring the cytolytic effect of recombinant canine TNF alpha on murine WEHI-13VAR-164 cells in the presence of actinomycin D.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
Further dilutions should be made in a buffer containing a carrier protein.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.3 kDa
- Endotoxin Level
- <1.1 EU/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
Following reconstitution store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of reconstitution
- P51742 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- TNF Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- For research purposes only
Applications of TNF Alpha
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)