Serum Amyloid A
|Recombinant Cat serum amyloid A (SAA) is a 121 aa recombinant protein produced in E.coli, which includes a proprietary 10 aa tag at the N-terminus.
Serum amyloid A proteins are a family of acute phase proteins, produced primarily by the liver, highly conserved in vertebrate species, and used as markers of inflammation.
Feline SAA, as with serum amyloid A in other species, is present in different isoforms, this recombinant protein corresponds to isoform 1 (SAA1). Feline SAA is composed of 111 amino acids and differs from human SAA by having an 8 aa sequence insert in the central region of the sequence.
With similar biochemical properties to the native feline SAA, this reagent may be used as a standard in immunoassays for measurement of levels of cat serum amyloid A.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 1.0 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified by affinity and reversed-phase chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- 0.01M HCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 13.8 kDa
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Cat Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up