Streptolysin O is a sulfhydryl-activated toxin produced by groups A, C and G of streptococci. It is an oxygen-labile haemolytic enzyme capable of causing lysis in animal cells, particularly white and red blood cells. It does so by binding to membrane cholesterol, where it polymerises to form a transmembrane channel.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant purified Streptolysin O - liquid
- Recombinant Streptolysin O from transformed Escherichia coli. The preparation was purified by metal affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Total antigenic activity approx (internal indirect method): 7200 IU/ml
Specific antigenic activity approx: 2608 IU/mg of protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 2.76 mg/ml.
- Store at -70oC or -20oC for short term storage.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- Shelf Life
- Please see label for expiry date.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Streptolysin-O
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)