|Streptolysin O is a sulfhydryl-activated toxin produced by groups A, C and G of streptococci. It is an oxygen-labile hemolytic enzyme capable of causing lysis in animal cells, particularly white and red blood cells. It does so by binding to membrane cholesterol, where it polymerises to form a transmembrane channel.|
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant purified Streptolysin O - liquid
- Recombinant Streptolysin O from transformed Escherichia coli. The preparation was purified by metal affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Total antigenic activity approx (internal indirect method): 8880 IU/ml
Specific antigenic activity approx: 2596 IU/mg of protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Current, batch-specific concentration 3.42 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up