Influenza B antibody
Influenza virus type B is a genus in the virus family Orthomyxoviridae, responsible for acute respiratory illnesses in humans. It varies antigenically from influenza virus types A and C and is not divided into any subtypes.
The gradual evolution of Influenza virus type B occurs via a series of mutations known as antigenic drift, in the surface glycoprotein haemagglutinin (HA), enabling the virus to evade the immune system and potentially re-infect the same host. HA glycoproteins from the Influenza virus type B are included in the annually updated trivalent flu vaccine, along with the Influenza virus type A subtypes H3N2 and H1N1.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Monkey
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Yamagata strain of Influenza B
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 4.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Influenza B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra