Goat anti Toxoplasma gondii antibody
recognizes Toxoplasma gondii
, an intracellular protozoan parasite that enters its host via the gastrointestinal tract. Goat anti Toxoplasma gondii
antibody detects the virulent RH strain and is specific for the tachyzoites infectious stage in the T. gondii
Felids are the dhe definitive host of T. gondii
but it can also be carried by a vast number of warm-blooded animals, including humans. Toxoplasmosis is usually minor and self-limiting but can have serious or even fatal effects on a fetus, or if the host is immunocompromised. T. gondii
encephalitis (TE) is the most common cerebral opportunistic infection in patients with AIDS (Israelski et al. 1988
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Toxoplasma gondii were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- RH strain of Toxoplasma gondii.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Toxoplasma gondii antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra