Rabbit anti USP2
Rabbit anti-human USP2 antibody recognizes ubiquitin carboxyl-terminal hydrolase 2, also known as 41 kDa ubiquitin-specific protease, deubiquitinating enzyme 2, ubiquitin specific protease 12, ubiquitin specific protease 9 or ubiquitin thioesterase 2.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The USP2 gene encodes a member of the family of de-ubiquitinating enzymes, which belongs to the peptidase C19 superfamily. The encoded protein is a ubiquitin-specific protease required for TNF-alpha -induced NF-kB signaling. This protein deubiquitinates polyubiquitinated target proteins such as fatty acid synthase, murine double minute 2 (MDM2), MDM4/MDMX and cyclin D1. MDM2 and MDM4 are negative regulators of the p53 tumor suppressor and cyclin D1 is required for cell cycle G1/S transition. Multiple alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified (provided by RefSeq, Aug 2011).
Rabbit anti Human USP2 antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti USP2 detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in HCT116 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human USP2
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol.
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- O75604 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- USP2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0004221 ubiquitin thiolesterase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006511 ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0007049 cell cycle
- GO:0007517 muscle organ development
- GO:0016579 protein deubiquitination
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0030332 cyclin binding
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0045931 positive regulation of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only.
Applications of USP2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.