Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 variant proteins constitute a distinct subfamily within the E2 protein family. They have sequence similarity to other ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes but lack the conserved cysteine residue that is critical for the catalytic activity of E2s. The protein encoded by UBE2V2 gene also shares homology with ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 variant 1 and yeast MMS2 gene product. It may be involved in the differentiation of monocytes and enterocytes (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human UBE2V2 antibody detects a band of 16 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti UBE2V2 detects a band of approximately 16 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide encompassing part of the N terminal region of human UBE2V2
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000209 protein polyubiquitination
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000729 DNA double-strand break processing
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006282 regulation of DNA repair
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0019787 small conjugating protein ligase activity
- GO:0031372 UBC13-MMS2 complex
- GO:0043687 post-translational protein modification
- GO:0051246 regulation of protein metabolic process
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of UBE2V2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|