Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 variant proteins constitute a distinct subfamily within the E2 protein family. They have sequence similarity to other ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes but lack the conserved cysteine residue that is critical for the catalytic activity of E2s. The protein encoded by UBE2V2 gene also shares homology with ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 variant 1 and yeast MMS2 gene product. It may be involved in the differentiation of monocytes and enterocytes (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human UBE2V2 antibody detects a band of 16 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti UBE2V2 detects a band of approximately 16 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide encompassing part of the N terminal region of human UBE2V2
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q15819 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- UBE2V2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000209 protein polyubiquitination
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000729 DNA double-strand break processing
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006282 regulation of DNA repair
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0019787 small conjugating protein ligase activity
- GO:0031372 UBC13-MMS2 complex
- GO:0043687 post-translational protein modification
- GO:0051246 regulation of protein metabolic process
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of UBE2V2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.