Troponin I antibody
|Goat anti Human Troponin I antibody recognizes human cardiac-specific troponin I, (TnI) an integral inhibitory protein of cardiac muscle which exists as a complex with troponin C (TnC) and troponin T (TnT).
The TnT subunit of troponin binds to tropomyosin to form a troponin-tropomyosin complex, anchored in place by the binding of TnI to actin, within muscle thin filaments. Structural change resulting from the binding of calcium to specific sites on the regulatory TnC subunit, releases the inhibitory region of TnI from actin, enabling the attachment of the molecular motor protein myosin, allowing for muscle contraction and hence movement.
The measurement of blood TnI and TnT levels is an important diagnostic indicator of heart muscle damage, and can be used to differentiate between angina and myocardic infarction in patients with chest pain. Troponin I has also been shown to inhibit angiogenesis in vivo and in vitro.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by Immunoaffinity chromatography
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human cardiac troponin I were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Native human cardiac troponin I, purity greater than 98%.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
References for Troponin I antibody
Jin, J. et al. (2009) Transplantation of mesenchymal stem cells within a poly(lactide-co-epsilon-caprolactone) scaffold improves cardiac function in a rat myocardial infarction model.
Eur J Heart Fail. 11: 147-53.
Demyanets, S. et al. (2013) Components of the interleukin-33/ST2 system are differentially expressed and regulated in human cardiac cells and in cells of the cardiac vasculature.
J Mol Cell Cardiol. 60: 16-26.
Takeda, S. (2005) Crystal structure of troponin and the molecular mechanism of muscle regulation.
J Electron Microsc (Tokyo). 54 Suppl 1: i35-41.
Jeremias, A. & Gibson, C.M. (2005) Narrative review: alternative causes for elevated cardiac troponin levels when acute coronary syndromes are excluded.
Ann Intern Med. 142 (9): 786-91.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001570 vasculogenesis
- GO:0001980 regulation of systemic arterial blood pressure by ischemic conditions
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005861 troponin complex
- GO:0006874 cellular calcium ion homeostasis
- GO:0019855 calcium channel inhibitor activity
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0030049 muscle filament sliding
- GO:0030172 troponin C binding
- GO:0031014 troponin T binding
- GO:0032780 negative regulation of ATPase activity
- GO:0048306 calcium-dependent protein binding
- GO:0055010 ventricular cardiac muscle tissue morphogenesis
- GO:0060048 cardiac muscle contraction
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up