Transglutaminase 2 antibody
TGM2 has been implicated in several processes, including apoptosis (Hseih et al. 2013), the regulation of cytoskeletal structure, cell-matrix adhesion, cell migration, and wound healing (Fesus and Piacentini 2002). Antibodies against tTG are apparent in a high majority of patients with the autoimmune condition known as celiac disease, resulting in sensitivity to gluten (Gelderman et al. 2014). Three isoforms of TGM2 generated by alternative splicing exist. Goat anti Human transglutaminase 2 antibody is generated against a peptide spanning amino acid residues 667-680 of isoform 1. It does not recognize the other isoforms having carboxy-terminal deletions.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human TGM2 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide sequence C-NFESDKLKAVKGFR from the internal region (near the C- Terminal) of TGM2 (NP_004604.2).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003810 protein-glutamine gamma-glutamyltransferase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0008415 acyltransferase activity
- GO:0043277 apoptotic cell clearance
- GO:0045785 positive regulation of cell adhesion
- For research purposes only
Applications of Transglutaminase 2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP2142 detects a band of approximately 90kDa in human lung cell lysates.