In epithelial cells SYK appears to function as a negative regulator of related events. Furthermore, SYK has been shown to promote expression or secretion of inflammation-related molecules in lung epithelial cells.
SYK appears to be required for vascular integrity during development, thus, manipulation of SYK function in endothelial cells could potentially modulate tumour-associated angiogenesis. SYK also has been shown to interact with Epstein-Barr virus LMP2A.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Expected from Sequence Dog Expected from Sequence Rat Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to SYK were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-KYLQQNRHVKDKN from the internal region of the SYK sequence.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004715 non-membrane spanning protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0005178 integrin binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006461 protein complex assembly
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0007229 integrin-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0009887 organ morphogenesis
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0030593 neutrophil chemotaxis
- GO:0042101 T cell receptor complex
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- For research purposes only
Applications of Syk antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1066 detects a band of approximately 70kDa in human bone marrow, lymph node and spleen lysates.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Syk antibody
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra