Superoxide Dismutase (MN) antibody
Rabbit anti Superoxide Dismutase (MN)
Superoxide dismutase (Mn) antibody recognizes superoxide dismutase (Mn), also known as superoxide dismutase 2, SOD2, Mn superoxide dismutase, indophenoloxidase B, manganese-containing superoxide dismutase or mangano-superoxide dismutase.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
This gene is a member of the iron/manganese superoxide dismutase family. It encodes a mitochondrial protein that forms a homotetramer and binds one manganese ion per subunit. This protein binds to the superoxide byproducts of oxidative phosphorylation and converts them to hydrogen peroxide and diatomic oxygen. Mutations in this gene have been associated with idiopathic cardiomyopathy (IDC), premature aging, sporadic motor neuron disease, and cancer. Alternative splicing of this gene results in multiple transcript variants. A related pseudogene has been identified on chromosome 1 (provided by RefSeq, Apr 2016).
Rabbit anti Human superoxide dismutase (Mn) detects a band at 22 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti superoxide dismutase (Mn) antibody recognizes a band of approximately 22 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on immunogen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the N terminal region of human superoxide dismutase (Mn)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P04179 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SOD2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001315 age-dependent response to reactive oxygen species
- GO:0001836 release of cytochrome c from mitochondria
- GO:0003069 vasodilation by acetylcholine involved in regulation of systemic arterial blood pressure
- GO:0004784 superoxide dismutase activity
- GO:0005759 mitochondrial matrix
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0019430 removal of superoxide radicals
- GO:0030145 manganese ion binding
- GO:0032364 oxygen homeostasis
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0051289 protein homotetramerization
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Superoxide Dismutase (MN) antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.