Goat anti Mouse STAT3 antibody recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3), an 80-85 kDa member of the STAT protein family, which plays an important role in cell growth, survival differentiation and transformation, transducing signals from cytokine receptors to the nucleus.
STAT3 is phosphorylated in response to cytokines and growth factors including interleukin-5, interleukin-6, epidermal growth factor and leukaemia inhibitory factor. It is expressed in the heart, brain, placenta, lung, liver, skeletal muscle, kidney and pancreas.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human STAT3 (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide sequence DMELTSECARSPM corresponding to the C-terminal region of STAT3 (NP_003141.2; NP_644805.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
calcium ion binding
eye photoreceptor cell differentiation
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
protein import into nucleus
signal transducer activity
cellular component movement
transcription factor binding
transcription activator activity
protein kinase binding
response to estradiol stimulus
interspecies interaction between organisms
protein dimerization activity
nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
JAK-STAT cascade involved in growth hormone signaling pathway
interleukin-6-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of STAT3 antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen 1
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
- 1Overnight staining is recommended for this antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse Thymus. .
- Western Blotting
- Goat anti STAT3 antibody detects a band of approximately 80-85kDa in A431 cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra