The SQSTM1 gene encodes a multifunctional protein that binds ubiquitin and regulates activation of the nuclear factor kappa-B (NF-kB) signaling pathway. The protein functions as a scaffolding/adaptor protein in concert with TNF receptor-associated factor 6 to mediate activation of NF-kB in response to upstream signals. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding either the same or different isoforms have been identified for SQSTM1. Mutations in SQSTM1 gene result in sporadic and familial Paget disease of bone (provided by RefSeq, Mar 2009).
Rabbit anti Human SQSTM1 antibody detects a band of 60 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti SQSTM1 detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Carrier-protein conjugated synthetic peptide encompassing part of the middle region of human SQSTM1
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q13501 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SQSTM1 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0035556 intracellular signal transduction
- GO:0008104 protein localization
- GO:0005080 protein kinase C binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005770 late endosome
- GO:0006511 ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0030971 receptor tyrosine kinase binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008624 induction of apoptosis by extracellular signals
- GO:0016197 endosome transport
- GO:0016236 macroautophagy
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- GO:0042169 SH2 domain binding
- GO:0043122 regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043130 ubiquitin binding
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of SQSTM1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.